Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Grandma and Amy, part 2

One great thing about visitors is that they all come with shoes... and what girl doesn't love shoes?
Thankfully, Joy didn't bother trying these boots on. Her legs are too short.
But Hopey had fun with it, as you can see. :o)
Before Grandma and Amy left, they wanted to give Joy her birthday present.
"What, Grandma? This isn't what I'm supposed to do with it?"
Once somebody started a tear in the wrapping paper for her she got it!
A real, full-size, magna doodle. HURRAY!
She wasted no time trying it out. I guess cousin Albert has the same magna doodle, and Amy says he likes to colour it all in with the shapes too. :o)
We have had many happy hours on it. :o)
Sometimes, when I'm nursing Philip, I will draw letters on there for the girls to guess, and then they have fun erasing them. Hope, of course, knows all her letters, but Joy is just starting. Or, the other day, I heard all these giggles coming from the living room, and the two of them had made a game of "draw a shape quick before sister erases it..." I love it when they make each other laugh.
Speaking of laughter.... AHEM
...One should be careful about when to trust a three-year old to answer honestly. :o) Amy said she asked Hope if the girls were allowed to do this, and Hope said yes... ahem again...still working on learning to tell the truth...
But I did smile to see them having such fun, and remembered when my Mum used to let us take the old cushions off the old couch and lay them across the living room floor for us to do gymnastics on during those long winter nights on the farm.
Synchronized...
...sisters.
Last evening to cuddle with the little man. He had a bit of colic in the evenings the week they were here, but I think it was due to all the herbs I was taking to try and beat my cold, as he's not normally that colicky. Even so, he's a very consolable, peaceful child, and thankfully sleeps off whatever is bothering him. And he loves being held. Yay for that
While Josh tucked the girls in bed, I asked if the ladies would bathe little Philip for me. I had fun taking pictures. :o) Not something you can do when you're the one bathing him. :o)
As of last night, he has just about out grown the sink. I have bathed him a couple times in the big tub with Hope and Joy... it just takes a lot of coordination and time. :o) But I love it.
Listening to words of wisdom from his Grandma before nursing himself to sleep.
I'm so thankful they were able to come. I realize what distance and expense it is to travel by plane from the USA, but God provides for them and for us, and we bask in the times we can be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment