Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Little delights for little people

Once upon a time, one wintery morning after breakfast, somebody special was lying on a pillow on the kitchen floor.
Pretty soon, he was noticed by two girls with blue eyes and long eyelashes who thought he should have some stories read to him. So, they each went and got their favourite book.
Their Mommy stepped out of the room for a couple minutes, and upon her return she saw that the two books had multiplied.
It made for a dear bit of fun for the wee ones while the Mommy cleaned up the breakfast dishes. And she thought to herself "God's blessings are so sweet."
The End.
Hope's latest thing is "can you tell me a story?" Guess I'm getting into the habit of making stories out of everyday situations. :o) She also thinks obedience is really cool when it comes with the pre-cursor "Simon says ____." :o) Maybe I should change my name to Simon. 
Squeaky clean... but not for long. Something about the bath must work wonders for Philip, because that's when he seems to go through his outfits, if you know what I mean... just wet, but still, too wet to stay in that pair of clean clothes. :o)
Since it worked in the morning, and since I needed to fix supper, I thought I'd try the floor thing again.
Sure enough, the girls were soon all over their brother (almost too literally,) and were bringing him toys to look at.
Hope wanted to know if he could see her little purple doll. :o)
Joy was just being her cute little self.
After her quiet time, and while Joy was still sleeping, Hope got started on colouring in the letters for Joy's birthday poster. It was a great project, and lasted a couple days. !!! Hurrah. :o) Her mind is so active, she is constantly asking me "Mommy, what can I do?"
My cute little man. Hope and Joy like to tell me, "look Mommy, his eyes are wide open." Guess that's because he slept so much his first month of life on earth.


A good morning activity - Play Dough baking. That particular morning Hope was making pies.
And Joy was making... a mess... while trying to also make pies and cookies.
Then, it turned into this grand game of bakery delivery service, where they took their goodies to their friend's houses. Don't worry - they were in sealed plastic bags. :o)
See?
Then, they added the part about going to the store and delivering fruits and vegetables. :o) Helpful kids, I must say. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment