Thursday, July 19, 2012

And the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down...

As goes the good old song from the tale of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. :o)

I'm just on here to say why I likely won't be on here very consistently for a bit and that is that our basement flooded this past weekend while Josh was away. We are thankful that insurance is able to cover some of the cost of the damage, and they already have their people in here tearing out drywall, insulation and the remaining carpet. We are thankful Josh's home office space was spared, as we have a whole room in the basement to move things into while renovation and restoration takes over the rest of the basement. :o) I am very thankful to have increased motivation to get rid of green carpet, pink wallpaper, and to sort through a few things that had been piling up. :o) Thankfully, not too much was lost due to water damage, at least not high-use items.

Also, Joe (Josh's brother) comes this weekend to carry out his plan to demolish our current deck which is rotting and replace it with a new one. He will be with us for a couple weeks. We are looking forward to having Mom Langemann here with us for part of that time as well.

I'll keep taking pictures, and will post as I can. :o)

Thank you for your patience.

"For I know what 'ere befall me, Jesus doeth all things well."

No comments:

Post a Comment