Friday, June 22, 2012

Auntie Angie's Visit, Pt 2 - Rochelle's Wedding

One huge blessing to Angie being at our house June 6-16th, was that it allowed Josh and I to travel to Foremost June 8-10 for the wedding of a dear friend of mine, Rochelle (Crying-Head Roberts, now Rochelle Wolfe.) 

Josh and I drove to Lethbridge Friday night, where we had supper and a great visit with friends, and Josh spent a few hours recording some violin tracks for their upcoming CD. It was fun to hang out with Sam and Lisa in the recording room while Josh played upstairs. I'd mostly been on the other end of that situation before, so it was fun to listen and watch the computer screen as Sam recorded Josh. We spent the night with Chloe at her place and then drove to Foremost in time to change clothes at Grandma's and go to the wedding.

 James and Heather's younger daughters walking up the aisle. Heather is Rochelle's oldest adopted sister.
 They looked like little princess in those adorable dresses. Real princesses - daughters of the King!
 Olivia and her purple teddy bear was just too cute not to post!
 The bride - gaze set ahead, as "How Beautiful" was sung by James and Heather's oldest daughter, Bethany.
 The day has come! Up the aisle she walked, full of gratitude and anticipation!
  "Pastor Dale" aka "Dale Jost" married the young couple. 
 The rings...
 The vows... so well written!
 And a sand ceremony instead of a unity candle.
 Just after their first kiss.
 Mr. and Mrs. Nathan Wolfe!!!
 The youngest member at our table - Master Ethan Fehr. I was missing my kids, so you'll see a few photos of Ethan yet to come. :o)
 Ah yes, the good ole shoe game. The crowd really got rolling with laughter at some of the Q and A's that were given.
Most of James and Heather's children, performing a couple numbers during the reception. Their pitch was excellent. (Sorry, the music teacher in me just had to make that comment!)
Little Rebecca relaxin' with Uncle Tim during the reception.
Unexpectedly, Nathan's Mom wanted to get up and share with the crowd. She is deaf, so she spoke through an interpreter, which made her words extra special. All of Rochelle's family (pictured later) also spoke, which was so meaningful in light of the life stories and testimonies of Nathan and Rochelle.
A long and thoughtful list of Thank-You's. Rochie (her nickname) took time to make some personal remarks to her friends as she went through her list. Had me crying at least once!
They did a "formal" cake cutting, and a non-formal one, so attendees could get pictures.
I think Josh took these for me. Oh yeah - and Avery took most of the ceremony ones. I, short as I am, always seem to end up sitting behind very tall guests at weddings, which does not bode well for photography, so my tall bro who was sitting next to me helped me out this time.
Freedom!!! This was during tear down...
He's just so cute!
Rochelle with her siblings.
And that's me and my dear childhood friend Lizzy Bear.... er, I mean,  Elizabeth Heikoop. She flew all the way from Ontario for the wedding, with two under two in toe, or something like that. :o) It's special - Lizzy and I are due just days apart, with these our third little treasures from God.
And that's my man lookin' cool while waiting to take Grandma and I to the farm for a bit after the wedding. You'd never know it from looking through the windows, but it was actually 9pm when this shot was taken. (Yeah, it was a little crazy to cram in a trip to the farm after the full day of wedding festivities, but I couldn't drive all the way to Foremost and not go to Mom and Dad's house for just a tiny little bit. :o)) We stayed in Foremost with Grandma that night, as it was easier to stay with her without Hope and Joy along.

Sunday we traveled back to Spruce Grove, after visiting our old church in Lethbridge on the way. And the amazing thing was this - in the seven hours of travel back to Spruce Grove, we never once listened to a CD! We took turns driving and sleeping, and talked a bit, but mostly just enjoyed one another's company in silence as we drove along through rainstorms and sunny breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment