Thursday, September 30, 2010

A special visit from Great-Grandparents!

This week we had more special visitors come stay with us, Marcel and Bev Cote, my Mom's parents from BC. When all was said and done, they arrived on Tuesday, not Monday, but that was okay, because it gave Hope and I more time to get things ready for them, and I even managed to nap twice! Just a random shot after breakfast on Monday. The morning sunshine is glorious in our living room.
Monday night after supper Josh graciously cleaned out the garbage cupboard for me, and Hope of course had to be right in there too. :o)
Granny and Grampi arrived shortly after Hope's nap on Tuesday afternoon. Hope was rather dopey still, but Granny knew how to fix that - with a present!
That got Hope smiling and interactive right away. :o) A new baby doll, and this one has a soft tummy for cuddling. :o)
I poured the tea and we all sat down for a few minutes at the table. I had to work on supper pretty quick, but by that time Grampi and Hope were relating well, and so I left her with him to look at books while Gran and I finished dinner. Hope wasn't quite ready to sit on his lap just yet, so I pulled up a chair for her.
Granny wanted a picture of Hope on the little Pansy stool Granny gave her a while ago, so here it is. :o)
After supper, we headed downstairs to play in the basement while Josh taught violin for a couple hours in the living room.
Grampi took Hope down while Gran and I finished the supper dishes. When I got down there Hope was prancing around with the dress up hat on her head, the wooden caterpillar bumping merrily along behind her most of the time.
We played and laughed lots as the evening was wore on. I gave Hope a snack, and then as a last resort to charm her in her very tired state I pulled out her toy cell phone.
She was delighted to instruct Granny on what she wanted done with it, and kept asking "please" that Granny would ring it and put it to her ear for her. Granny was flabbergasted that the phone said "hello" and "goodbye!" Modern toys, I tell ya!
Showing Granny how you say "Hello-a," or "Ha-looooow-a."
Wednesday morning everyone got up at different times. By the time Grampi roused himself (I was so proud of him for sleeping in) Hope thought she should have toast with him as a mid-morning snack. So, I plopped her in her chair and she ended up staying there for over an hour! My midwife arrived for my 32 wk pre-natal check-up, so Granny and Grampi kept Hope in the kitchen with them while Josh and I met with the midwife in the living room.
When the check-up was done, I returned to the kitchen to find Hope still in her chair, playing with some oven mitts, of all things. Granny and Grampi had been teaching her "pat-a-cake" and she was having a blast with it!
Time for a quick walk and playtime at the park before lunch. Since Lydia's visit, Hope has gotten into slides, and that was pretty much all she wanted to do when Granny and I were playing with her this morning too! She must have done the slide at least 12 times!
While I got soup and sandwiches set out for lunch, Granny and Hope played with the ball in the backyard, since it was such a nice day.
After lunch, Grampi and Hope looked at books. Hope toted the baby doll almost everywhere with her.
After her nap, Hope and Granny looked at books. She's really into "booooooks" these days. She says "book," but doesn't usually get the "k" sound on the end.
Since it was so nice, and I had an available man, I decided we'd BBQ for supper. Hope took the doll stroller and Ellie out to the backyard to hang out while I got supper on. Granny helped Grampi rake leaves....
They never stop, those two wonderful folks! The lawn looked great, and Grampi did an excellent job of BBQ-ing! It was so nice to be able to use the BBQ one more time this season.
After supper, Josh showed Granny and Grampi the i-pad. They were both quite impressed, and Granny declared that she wants one for Christmas. :o)
Hope toddled over to the other couch to see what the big attraction was. :o)
The coolest app on the i-pad, in my opinion, is the star-gazer one. You can hold up the i-pad in any direction, and it shows you the galaxies above where you are looking! Pretty neat.
One more time for the Farm Animal book before it was Hope's bedtime.
Hope telling Granny "Duck."

It was a wonderful visit, though it was short. Granny and Grampi headed out the next morning, Josh was working in the city, and Hope and I were home. I had a music student come for a lesson in the morning, and then Hope and I tidied up, went for a walk, had lunch on the lawn, re-sheeted the guest bed, and then had afternoon naps. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment