Monday, October 29, 2012

Last times with two before there are three

Last Sunday, given that I was coughing and Hope was under the weather too, we decided I should just keep the girls at church for worship and then come back once preaching started, since cold noise is not pleasant during any service. :o) 
I was going to put on some children's music once we got home, but it ended up I just boiled the kettle, made some tea, and enjoyed the sound of quietness while playing with the girls in the living room.
Joy-Belle loves her play kitchen. I haven't decided yet it we will actually return it to the basement play room once the basement is refinished, as Joy plays with it every single day right now.
Joy made her own kind of tea and served me some while I was colouring with Hope at the dining room table. Thank you to Auntie Chloe for the fall outfits for the girlies! They love them!
Peeking out from her frolic time on the couch so Mommy could take her picture.
We normally have Home Group on Sunday evenings, but as a couple of us were sick, and one of our leaders was also sick, it was cancelled. So, with a full Sunday evening ahead of us, and too brisk of temperatures outside for us sickish ones, Josh decided we would watch a movie with the girls.
Homeward Bound or Robin Hood (the animated one) were our two choices, and at the mention of "dogs and cats" the girls got all excited, so we knew Homeward Bound was the choice! Josh bought it off of iTunes, and let it download while I got snacks ready, and we had a jolly old time on the futon together, while watching it on Josh's laptop. :o)
Hope had been asking all weekend if she could "do beads" and since I was planning to do some sewing on Monday, I held her off till then, telling her she could do beads while Mommy and Joy sewed. :o) Just like any activity she hasn't done in a while, the beads kept her occupied for hours and hours!
Meanwhile, Joy played with her doll and some sewing supplies at my feet or on the bed beside the sewing machine, and like pressing "the button" for Mommy. I let the girls press the back-stitch key if they're around when I need it, because it fascinates them to be allowed to be involved, and the key does make a jolly little "beep" when you press it.
Trying hard to beat these colds before the baby comes, it's been sweater time at our house, which Hope loves. :o) I love having little people to help me when it comes to uncomfortable tasks like bending down over my baby-belly to re-stock the toilet paper under bathroom sinks. But of course, you can't just do it all boring like... you have to twirl with the TP rolls which are giant bracelets first!!
Thanks for being my helper, Hopey! Like her slippers? Her ladybug ones were in sad condition, having holes on the bottom from her frequent wearing of them, so I got her some new ones the day we went shopping together this week. God blessed me with friends who let me drop Joy off at their house to play while Hope and I went shopping together. Since she had a cold I didn't want to leave her there, and since she loves shopping and doing things with "just Mommy" I took her with me. I pushed her in the cart for only the first 20 minutes or so, and then told her she had to walk because she was getting too heavy for Mommy to push. :o) She had great fun picking up low-shelved items and putting them in the cart for me, and "chasing me" down empty aisles. :o) She even twirled her way down one aisle, which made a fellow shopper send a grin my way!
It begins.
Over three months have passed since our summer flood in the basement, and now, two small weeks before baby is due, we are happy to have insurance workers in our home hanging drywall and insulation and all those good things. :o)
One standing joke we have in our house is Hope's love of purple. When we lost some of our walls due to water damage she cutely told us the new ones we put on should be purple (she was talking specifically about baseboards at the time of the conversation). Well, we explained to her that we weren't going to have purple baseboards or purple walls, except maybe one feature wall in the guest room. She reconciled herself to the fact, and we carried on. That brings me to this picture. :o)
We asked for some form of insulation to be put on the exterior wall that runs along our stairwell, as there was none there previously, and the stairwell gets mighty cold and damp in the winter months. They put up this foam insulation, and I could just see the cogs turning in Hope's little head when she looked at it, because, as you can see - it's purple!!! :o) I had to tell her it wasn't going to stay a purple wall, because the guys were going to put drywall and paint over it, but it was a cute and memorable moment in this saga for sure!
 Simple fun on a Saturday. These two showed up each pushing their dolly stroller with one of Daddy's winter gloves on. :o)
Cute little girls. :o) I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment