Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today is the birthday of someone very special, someone who is still very dear to all of us, though he is not here with us to receive birthday greetings.


Today is Albert's birthday, and I am sure he is having one of the happiest days of his life. Unlike the rest of us, he's living in eternity on the other side of mortality, and I'm sure heaven is grand! He's seeing what the rest of us can't even imagine, hearing sounds only resurrected ears could discern, and worshiping around the throne of the King of kings!!!


I was just recalling New Years Eve 2008 where we brought in the New Year while lifting our voices in praise to God with Albert at the old upright piano in the Langemann's music room. I was very pregnant with Hope, and she had been sleeping in the womb most of the evening. 11:30 pm came, and as we gathered around the piano to use the rest of the energy we had in singing praises to God, our little daughter whom we had not yet met, woke up and started frolicing within me. The music woke her. I'm sure of it. This is how she knew her Grandpa.


This New Years Eve we're with my family at the farm. With both daughters sleeping, and with lots of hands to hold them if they woke, I stole away for a few minutes at the grand piano, playing by the light of the Christmas tree beside me. I played old songs... songs I remember Albert playing. Songs like "Think About His Love," "When I Look Into Your Holiness," "Jehovah to Me," and "Thou Art Worthy." My remembrances commenced with this song, the song we sang with Albert accompanying as 2008 turned into 2009.


Let the words beckon your soul in joy!


"My heart can sing, when I pause to remember,

A heartache here is but a stepping stone.

Along the way that's winding always upward,

This weary world is not my final home.


But until then,

My heart ill go on singing.

Until then with JOY I'll carry on.

Until the day,

My eyes behold the city,

Until the day God calls me home.


The things of earth will dim and lose their value,

If we recall they're borrowed for a while.

The soul of man is like a waiting falcon,

If it's released, it's destined for the skies.



But until then,

My heart ill go on singing.

Until then with JOY I'll carry on.

Until the day,

My eyes behold the city,

Until the day God calls me home."


Happy Birthday, Dads.
I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment